Join us for a workshop taught by Rebecca Bryan of Bryan House Quilts
On Saturday, Rebecca will be teaching Rainbow Remix, a newly developed class on how to create the Rainbow Remix quilt from Rebecca's book, Modern Rainbow.
Rainbow Remix really challenged me to move outside of my comfort square. I really admire the quilters of Gee’s Bend and I wanted to emulate their free flowing improv style. In all, it was fun and playing with the arrangement of color and then trying to fit the arrangement into the quilt. Because the blocks are irregular the finished quilt looks a bit different than the rough draft layout on my design surface. My goal was to keep the general movement of color consistent but to be surprised by the specific color alignment of the finished quilt top.
What we’ll cover:
In this workshop Rebecca will walk you through how to make the Rainbow Remix quilt.
● We’ll hit the key milestones to get you past the biggest hurdles.
● A color technique you can use to move fabric from hue to hue, or value to value
● Plus a couple ideas to take the technique further
This workshop and technique works best when you play with a gradient
● Rainbow Gradient - You will need a large scrap (10’’x10’’) of each of the colors you plan to use (the pattern calls for 50 colors for a wall hanging).
● Color to Color Gradient - Going from one color to another color like a sunset.
● Value Gradient - Going from a light blue to a dark blue.
Sewing machines will not be provided, plan to bring your own.
The room will be open at 8:30 am.
WORKSHOP SUPPLIES LIST
Machine accessories (foot pedal, power cord, presser feet, needles)
Small cutting mat (Large mats will be provided)
Notepad and pen/pencil for taking notes
Small iron (Large irons will be provided)
Extension cord and surge protector
Irons, ironing boards and cutting mats will be provided
Instructor's supply list. There will be a couple of books available at the workshop to review. Don't feel like you need to buy the book.